Danny Sullivan (one of top SEO industry experts) wrote an article this morning: “Google’s Results Get More Personal With “Search Plus Your World” on what he is calling the “…most radical transformation ever” to Google Search Results.
According to Danny:
It finds both content that’s been shared with you privately along with matches from the public web, all mixed into a single set of listings.
• Change is now live for some people, will fully launch over the next few days
• Only users who are signed in to Google and searching English will see it
• Google will alert you with a message “Welcome to Search plus Your World” if it is live for you
• New toggle button to switch between personalized and unpersonalized results
• No content from Facebook or others, but may change in the future
• Google+ accounts are going to be much more heavily highlighted in search results.
• Google made personalized search enabled by default (can opt out permanently through search settings, or using the toggle button)
Personalized results include:
• Listings from the web
• Listings from the web, boosted because of your personal behavior
• Listings from the web, boosted because of your social connections
• Public Google+ posts, photos or Google Picasa photos (all of which are also listings from the web)
• Private or “Limited” Google+ posts, photos or Google Picasa photos shared with you