21st Century understood the importance of having a solid online presence but they needed someone to help them take control of costs and get a bigger return on their investment. To keep 21st Century ahead of curve in a very competitive auto insurance marketplace, we leveraged decades of insurance marketing insights while helping them embrace more efficient ways of doing things. Our online efforts for 21st Century paid off quickly — saving them millions while dramatically increasing number of policies.
What we did.
1. Targeted the right people
Experience tells us that every insurance company has a sweet spot — the customer that is likely to purchase and renew for multiple policies. TPG leveraged our Web Analytics skills to target these desirable, profitable prospects.
2. Spent Wisely
We worked with 21st Century Insurance to evaluate their paid search and digital media strategy. We introduced entirely new approaches, campaign organizations and adjusted tactics (see examples below). These changes helped increase policy production and reduce customer acquisition costs. Here are several examples that helped to increase productivity:
- Organized the paid search campaign to target visitors most likely to get quotes and purchase policies
- Leveraged direct mail conversion data to further refine paid search targeting and worked with Google to implement a beta test for geo-targeting deeper than their current offerings
- Implemented new site side and media analytics to provide a better read of true ROI
- Introduced a series of organic search initiatives, including: keyword research, page-based optimizations, URL standardization, and link-building content syndication
- Analyzed organic and paid search results together in order to reduce media investment where possible and identify synergies when present
- Tested and implemented a display attribution criteria to identify and give credit to both click based and a percentage of view through conversions
- Retargeted prospects who had previously been to the 21st website with unique display creative
- Leveraged DSPs to evaluate impressions prior to purchase and therefore incrementally increased reach against 21st prospects
- Launched new banner creative and landing page creative that drove higher conversion rates
- Developed a social media strategy to engage prospects and current policyholders
- Increased paid search efficiency — in one year the number of paid search policies per month increased by 445% while cost per policy fell by 61%
- Paid search efforts were conducted in conjunction with organic search engine optimization. SEO policies increased by 77% during the same time period
- Introduced display advertising as a cost effective source of policies at an agreed upon attribution rate
- Increased media landing page quote starts by 23%
- Helped establish a much needed social media presence